- Put a pan on flame and wait until the pan become completely dry.
- Add butter into the pan and allow it to melt and bubble.
- Add chopped garlic into the pan and cook it for a minute in medium flame until the raw smell disappears.
- Add chopped white onions into the pan and give a nice mix.
- Cook it in medium flame for 2-3 minutes until the onions become translucent.
- Add sliced mushroom into the pan and mix it nicely.
- Cover the pan and cook it for 3-4 minutes in low flame.
- Add all-purpose flour into the pan and mix it nicely.
- Add milk into the pan and mix it vigorously. Make sure there are no lumps.
- Add cream into the pan and give a nice stir.
- Put the flame in low and add cheddar cheese into the pan. Stir it nicely until the cheese melts.
- Add salt into the pan and mix it nicely.
This cream of mushroom soup is
- A one-pot soup Recipe.
- An Easy and quick Way of making homemade cream of mushroom soup.
- What you get is a Creamy and smooth soup comforting in any season.
- Purely vegetarian as chicken stock is not used in this recipe. You can use veg stock instead of water if you have vegetable stock ready.
- The roux is made with Whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour. both of them help in thickening in the soup and you can use the one which you prefer.
Is cream of mushroom soup gluten freeCream of mushroom soup is not gluten free as wheat flour is used to make the roux. That said, a gluten free cream of mushroom soup can be made by substituting potato starch, tapioca starch or corn starch. These starches aid in thickening the soup and also giving it a creamy consistency. In my cream of mushroom recipe, you can easily substitute any of these gluten free flours that I have mentioned above. The taste will slightly change when using tapioca starch and potato starch.
What to serve with mushroom soup
- You can serve a side of any sandwich or toast – any kind of stuffed or open toast sandwiches can be made.
- Crostini or bruschetta also pair well.
- A pasta or spaghetti dish can also be served.
- A side salad of mix vegetables or cherry tomatoes or potatoes can be made.
- A rice-based dish like a pilaf or a side of bread can also be served.
If you like this, try these:
Creamy Spinach, Mushroom & Lasagna Soup
All the comforting flavors of lasagna with less work! Lasagna soup is packed with crimini mushrooms, tomatoes, spinach and lasagna noodles.
Rustic Oyster Mushroom and Potato Soup
This easy soup is loaded with hearty oyster mushrooms and filling potatoes. The broth is smooth and buttery, but not too heavy making it a great option for a light lunch.
Easy Mushroom Soup
The combination of crimini and white button mushrooms add earthy notes that work well with the rich broth.
- BAKERY (42)
- BISCUITS & COOKIES (101)
- BREADS (4)
- BUNS (2)
- BUTTER (6)
- CAKES (16)
- COFFEE & TEA (80)
- DAIRY (12)
- DRINKS (143)
- DRY FRUITS (25)
- FLOUR (52)
- FRESH FRUITS (14)
- FRESH FRUITS & VEGETABLES (53)
- FRESH VEGETABLES (39)
- FROZEN ITEMS (83)
- FRUITS DRINKS AND JUICES (22)
- GHEE & EDIBLE OIL (19)
- HANUMAN JAYANTI (2)
- HONEY & JAM (12)
- LENTILS (30)
- MILK (3)
- NOODLES (14)
- PANEER (3)
- PASTES (15)
- PERSONAL CARE (74)
- PICKLES (74)
- POOJA ITEMS (242)
- READY TO EAT (113)
- RICE & OTHER GRAINS (18)
- SALT & SUGAR (11)
- SAUCES (51)
- SAUCES & PASTES (66)
- SNACKS (124)
- SPICES (316)
- SWEETS (24)
- Wholesale Items (71)
- YOGURT (3)