Chessy Mushroom Veg soup as the title suggests is a soup which has mushroom,different vegetables as well as cheese to enhance the taste during winters.This is a perfect soup for vegetarians who love mushrooms.Have this with grilled garlic bread.Serve it hot.Very few ingredients are needed in this soup.
Health Benefits of Mushrooms
Mushrooms are widely known for their great taste and amazing health benefits. Packed with a ton of essential vitamins and minerals, they make for an excellent addition to your diet, adding flavor to many different recipes.
Crimini mushrooms are one of the most widely used mushroom varieties, popular in kitchens around the world. Many don’t realize that mushrooms, including crimini mushrooms, are actually a kind of fungus. They’re native to North America and Europe and are known for their delicate flavor and meaty texture.
Mushrooms are a low-calorie food that packs a nutritional punch. Loaded with many health-boosting vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, they’ve long been recognized as an important part of any diet. For instance, mushrooms raised with exposure to ultraviolet light are a good source of, an important component in bone and immune health.
Crimini mushrooms are a particularly excellent source of zinc, an essential trace element. Zinc is a vital nutrient for the immune system and is also needed for ensuring optimal growth in infants and children.
Moreover, researchers have found a number of other excellent reasons for incorporating mushrooms into your diet, such as:
Lower Blood Pressure
Mushrooms are rich sources of potassium, a nutrient known for reducing the negative impact that sodium can have on your body. Potassium also lessens the tension in blood vessels, potentially helping to lower blood pressure.
Boost Immune System
The anti-inflammatory effect of mushrooms has been shown to greatly improve the efficiency of the immune system. Research has found that mushrooms help stimulate microphages in the immune system, enhancing its ability to defeat foreign bodies and making you less susceptible to serious illnesses.
- Put a pan on flame and wait until the pan become completely dry.
- Add butter into the pan and allow it to melt and bubble.
- Add chopped garlic into the pan and cook it for a minute in medium flame until the raw smell disappears.
- Add chopped white onions into the pan and give a nice mix.
- Cook it in medium flame for 2-3 minutes until the onions become translucent.
- Add sliced mushroom into the pan and mix it nicely.
- Cover the pan and cook it for 3-4 minutes in low flame.
- Add all-purpose flour into the pan and mix it nicely.
- Add milk into the pan and mix it vigorously. Make sure there are no lumps.
- Add cream into the pan and give a nice stir.
- Put the flame in low and add cheddar cheese into the pan. Stir it nicely until the cheese melts.
- Add salt into the pan and mix it nicely.
This cream of mushroom soup is
- A one-pot soup Recipe.
- An Easy and quick Way of making homemade cream of mushroom soup.
- What you get is a Creamy and smooth soup comforting in any season.
- Purely vegetarian as chicken stock is not used in this recipe. You can use veg stock instead of water if you have vegetable stock ready.
- The roux is made with Whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour. both of them help in thickening in the soup and you can use the one which you prefer.
Is cream of mushroom soup gluten freeCream of mushroom soup is not gluten free as wheat flour is used to make the roux. That said, a gluten free cream of mushroom soup can be made by substituting potato starch, tapioca starch or corn starch. These starches aid in thickening the soup and also giving it a creamy consistency. In my cream of mushroom recipe, you can easily substitute any of these gluten free flours that I have mentioned above. The taste will slightly change when using tapioca starch and potato starch.
What to serve with mushroom soup
- You can serve a side of any sandwich or toast – any kind of stuffed or open toast sandwiches can be made.
- Crostini or bruschetta also pair well.
- A pasta or spaghetti dish can also be served.
- A side salad of mix vegetables or cherry tomatoes or potatoes can be made.
- A rice-based dish like a pilaf or a side of bread can also be served.
If you like this, try these:
Creamy Spinach, Mushroom & Lasagna Soup
All the comforting flavors of lasagna with less work! Lasagna soup is packed with crimini mushrooms, tomatoes, spinach and lasagna noodles.
Rustic Oyster Mushroom and Potato Soup
This easy soup is loaded with hearty oyster mushrooms and filling potatoes. The broth is smooth and buttery, but not too heavy making it a great option for a light lunch.
Easy Mushroom Soup
The combination of crimini and white button mushrooms add earthy notes that work well with the rich broth.
- BAKERY (42)
- BISCUITS & COOKIES (102)
- BREADS (4)
- BUNS (2)
- BUTTER (6)
- CAKES (20)
- Egg Free (2)
- COFFEE & TEA (80)
- DAIRY (13)
- DRINKS (144)
- DRY FRUITS (25)
- FLOUR (51)
- FRESH FRUITS (14)
- FRESH FRUITS & VEGETABLES (55)
- FRESH VEGETABLES (41)
- FROZEN ITEMS (83)
- FRUITS DRINKS AND JUICES (22)
- GHEE & EDIBLE OIL (21)
- HANUMAN JAYANTI (2)
- HONEY & JAM (12)
- LENTILS (30)
- MILK (3)
- NOODLES (14)
- PANEER (3)
- PASTES (15)
- PERSONAL CARE (74)
- PICKLES (74)
- POOJA ITEMS (241)
- READY TO EAT (119)
- RICE & OTHER GRAINS (22)
- SALT & SUGAR (13)
- SAUCES (51)
- SAUCES & PASTES (66)
- SNACKS (129)
- SPECIAL (54)
- SPICES (317)
- SWEETS (36)
- Uncategorized (2)
- YOGURT (3)